Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Den!

I've been talking about the changes we've made in our guest bedroom, and thought I'd post some pictures!
We decided that since the guest room was only used occasionally, that we weren't getting optimum use of the room. We've turned it into a den. Some of you will recognize Lee's Mom and Dad's rocking chair and their cedar chest. The cedar chest was purchased when they got married in 1939. The tall chest replaces the dresser and is a fantastic way to store clothing!


We got this rocking chair at Costco. The little sewing table was Lee's grandmother's, and I love it!
The bentwood rocking chair belonged to Lee's aunt, Erma, who sadly passed away at the age of 16.
Home office!

We still have pictures to hang, but we are really enjoying using this room.

Now don't think that we don't want company, or don't have room for company! In about 20 minutes, this room converts back to a bedroom! We have a queen size aero bed with a stand, so that it's not on the floor. Lee and I slept on it for a couple of nights, and it's quite comfortable! Nathan slept in it when he was here last September and pronounced it wonderful! So, come and see us!!

5 comments:

Cathi said...

Thanks so much for the visual! I think that's a great use of space and I can't wait to come and try out the air bed for myself. Of course I'd have to bring my boyfriend...he hates to sleep without me ; )

Pat and Lee said...

Well, of COURSE you'd have to bring your boyfriend! We'd be disappointed if we didn't!

Love you!

Pat and Lee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Val said...

Ok, you guys are definitely winning the blog race!

Pat and Lee said...

It's not too late to get in the race! I'll be looking tonight for pictures of Jake and lindsay's new digs! And a new picture of Madilyn, maybe?

Love you!