Monday, November 02, 2009

Why we live in California

Have to admit that there are times when I wonder what on earth we are doing, living in a state that can't balance a budget and continues to cultivate and grow a deficit!

But then we have days like we did on Friday! Beautiful, sunny warm day, and realize how much we appreciate the long growing season here. We should probably just quit listening to the news!

I was making pasta sauce and baking bread (shocking, I know!) and Lee was watering in the back yard on Friday. I looked out the window and couldn't believe my eyes! Lee had removed his shirt, and was soaking up vitamin D! So, I quietly snuck out and took this picture.



Uh oh - caught in the act! I'm guess I'm lucky that I didn't get a shower!

This begonia has just now bloomed - it's one of our favorites, pink and cream. It has lots of blooms coming, and it's amazing to me that we have begonia flowers in November!


Purple princess plant - blooming away! The blossoms get larger each year - they're almost 3 inches across now. Happy plant!


Now that we are officially on Standard time, have to accept that winter can't be far away, in spite of the long, wonderful Indian summer that we are having. Soon all of the roses will get their winter pruning, and the garden will start to look dreary! Oh, well, we'll go to New Zealand and enjoy their gardens!


1 comment:

Val said...

I think you were safe from a shower as long as you had a camera!